Pilates courses for Seniors in Adelaide
One of the biggest causes of lack of mobility and freedom of movement to do the things we love is lack of strength. As we get older, healthy movement can help with balance, stability, control and overall fitness. After your initial full body assessment, we customise your Pilates program to meet your individual goals and needs.
There are many different benefits of Pilates for older adults. Many participants have found relief from arthritis, improvement in flexibility, strength, balance and even a better night sleep! The supremacy of the Pilates method for seniors lies in the concept of centring, one of the six principles of Pilates. During a Pilates session, we help you work thoughtfully from the inside out, making a strong connection with your body with each movement. With Pilates, you also have the opportunity to develop healthy breathing, controlled movement and mindful movement.
From a movement and musculoskeletal perspective, the argument for Pilates in seniors is impressive. Here are just some of the benefits:
- Low-impact weight-bearing exercises help increase bone mineral density and are safe for those with Osteoporosis
- Purpose-built equipment provides resistance training that helps increase muscle strength and joint integrity
- Balance and proprioception training help combat the age-related deterioration of the vestibular system – the sensory system contributing to balance, spatial orientation and coordinating movement
- Postural intervention helps to extend the upper back, strengthen the hands and feet and assists the motion of walking
- Strength training has been shown to be an important element in the management of diabetes by increasing muscle mass and number
Our tailored exercise and Pilates program will ensure you stay strong, energetic and independent.
To express your interest in pilates or to find out more please telephone our Adelaide practice on 08 8221 5011 or email us on email@example.com.