Physio run Group Classes for Seniors Fitness & Recovery in Adelaide CBD
Whether you want a quick recovery after surgery (e.g: knee or hip joint replacement), or want to overcome a chronic issue (chronic back, neck or shoulder pain), being able to move pain free is important. One of the biggest causes of reduced freedom of movement, and in turn freedom to do what we want, is a lack of strength.
As we get older, healthy movement is crucial in ensuring balance, fitness and stability. It can help relieve symptoms and pain related to arthritis and even help get a good night’s sleep!
Clinical Pilates courses at our Physio clinic in Adelaide CBD (near Calvary Adelaide Hospital & St Andrew’s Hospital) for seniors are designed to provide an opportunity for this healthy movement and ensure you are as flexible and balanced as possible. Pilates can also help you develop healthy breathing, as well as patterns of movement which are both controlled and mindful.
After your initial full body assessment, we can customise your Pilates exercise program to meet your individual goals and needs. Each program will be anchored by the concept of ‘centring’ – channeling your physical and mental energy into the core of your body to build stability from the centre outwards. We will help you work thoroughly from the inside out; strengthening your connection with your body each time you make a movement.
Through this focused, rhythmical approach, we can help you realise a number of benefits.
- Low-impact weight-bearing exercises can help increase bone mineral density and can be done safely for those with Osteoporosis (good to maintain bone strength in elderly men and women)
- Special equipment provides resistance training to help increase muscle strength and joint integrity
- Balance and proprioception training help combat the age-related deterioration of the vestibular system – the sensory system which contributes to balance, spatial orientation and coordinating movement
- Postural intervention helps to extend the upper back, strengthen the hands and feet and assists the motion of walking
- Strength training has been shown to aid the management of diabetes by increasing muscle mass and number
Our tailored Physio run Group Classes for Seniors can help you stay strong, energetic and independent, while enabling you to have fun and explore new possibilities.
To start the journey for strengthening your body or get more information, please phone us on 08 8221 5011, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or:Book Appointment
We look forward to seeing you!