Lumbar/Lower Back Pain

Why understand Lower back pain..?

These statistics show how large an issue LBP is amongst the community:

• Lower back pain (LBP) is very common (about 85% of the population on earth will have at least 1 episode of Severe LBP in their life..!)
  • LBP accounts for > 25% of all workcover claims
  • It is the 5th most common reason for a Doctor visit
  • LBP is more common than high blood pressure and diabetes
  • In people over 65 with chronic pain, 70% nominated LBP as the cause of their pain

The REALITY is that ‘most cases of LBP can be managed well’ and patients can recover fully, provided they get timely diagnosis and treatment!

We recognise the impact LBP has on the wider community and are taking steps to help raise awareness with health practitioners and the community at large.

This sessions covers:

• Understanding of ‘how our lower back moves’: which movements are helpful and which movements can be harmful?
  • How you can help yourself if you are dealing with a back pain episode!
  • How we can maintain and improve our back strength and flexibility through simpleexercises!
  • Dos and Don’ts to maintain a healthy back!
  • How we can reduce the reliance on pain medications during an LBP episode..!
low back pain

FAQs

I had Neck/Back pain many years ago and it never went away… can it still be helped…?

In most cases, it can be helped… at least the pain can be managed with less or no medications and/or the movement can be improved!

It all starts with ‘understanding your problem’ first…!

I have already had surgery for my Neck/Back…! Can it still be helped…?

In most cases, YES…!

People with ‘post surgery’ benefit from ‘understanding their condition’ and ‘learn what to do/don’t’ as much as someone who may have a ‘mild problem’ and has never seen a surgeon…!

Can I request more information?

Yes, sure… 🙂

We would love to help, if we can in any way possible.

If possible, do send us your queries/request for information via info@therapia.com.au and we will endeavour to provide the requested information, if we have access to it.

If still there are some questions that need to be covered, you are more than welcome to send us your questions via info@therapia.com.au or contact via 08 82215011.

Subscribe to our newsletter

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.