Women’s Health Physiotherapy in Adelaide
Women’s health physiotherapy relates to management of conditions specifically affecting women, particularly during adolescence, the childbearing years, menopause and older age.
At Therapia in Adelaide CBD, we have physiotherapists with a special interest in women’s health. Dedicated, understanding and skilled Physiotherapists who will listen to your problem and help provide treatment and management for a long term solution.
Can Physiotherapy help during my pregnancy? And how does it help?
Research shows that almost half of all women suffer from some form of back or neck pain during or after pregnancy. Physiological changes such as release of certain hormones, softening of muscles and ligaments, increased weight around pelvic region or change in body’s posture with walking and sitting are some of the factors that can cause such issues.
We can help you with the recovery of:
- Pregnancy related back and SIJ (sacroiliac joint) issues
- Upper back and rib cage pain
- Abdominal wall separation
- Bladder, bowel or pelvic floor issues
- Pelvic pain and related back pain
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- De Quervain’s condition (during or after pregnancy)
- Ante-natal and post-natal issues including breathing and relaxation for labour,
- Postural pain from pregnancy or breastfeeding,
- Pelvic instability and incontinence
- Perimenopause or post menopause
- Osteoporosis and falls prevention
- Poor posture and weak abdominal muscles
In addition to helping with the above mentioned conditions with physiotherapy treatments, we also offer ‘Physiotherapist-led Pilates classes with focused pregnancy related exercises’ from our studio in Adelaide CBD.
You can get more information on these classes via Pregnancy: Physio Exercise Classes.
Our therapists from Adelaide clinic are happy to give you a call to discuss what treatments are right for you.
We look forward to seeing you and helping you achieve your personal goals!
Visit Therapia Physio Adelaide for expert, personalized care in South Australia.