TRY OUR NEW BALANCE COURSE
- 4 week course
- Thorough initial assessment
- 2 x exercise class weekly
- Home exercise program
- Only 5 clients per class
- Thorough final assessment and provision of future recommendations
What it is!
We are now offering a 4-week course to help improve balance and increase your confidence with every day mobility.
The course will begin with a thorough assessment of your balance by our physiotherapist. We will also assess your mobility. We will record measures of both, through subjective assessment (what you tell us) and objective assessment (what we measure using high quality balance assessment tools), including the use of the Berg Balance Scale and the Timed Up and Go Assessment.
The next stage of the course will consist of two exercise classes per week, designed to maximise the following factors which contribute to a persons overall balance:
- Muscle strength
- Range of motion
- Static balance (ability to remain stable when you are not moving)
- Dynamic balance (ability to remain stable with movement)
- Reactive balance control (ability to sequence movement, time muscle activation and adapt to changing tasks and environmental demands
- Anticipatory balance control (the ability to stabilise the body before performing a movement)
- Sensation (the ability to detect change in the external environment through vision, hearing, touch, ability to sense vibration, and proprioception, or the ability to sense where your body is in space)
Each class will run for one hour and will consist of:
- A thorough warm-up
- A circuit of 7 exercises designed to target those factors next to the bullet points above
Each exercise will be performed for 2 minutes with 30 seconds of rest between each exercise
- The circuit will be performed twice
- Every class will end with a thorough stretching session
Every client will be provided with a copy of the exercises performed during the class to practice at home.
Each week the exercises will be progressed to further challenge and train balance.
A physiotherapist will supervise the entire program. Exercises will be modified where required in order to tailor the course to be suitable for every individual. This may be through simplifying or increasing the difficulty of the exercises or changing the program for that individual completely.
Upon completion of the exercise program, each of the clients will undergo a final assessment to compare results of their subjective and objective balance and mobility assessments from before the exercise classes, to after. Each client will also receive a list of recommendations for the future to continue to progress their balance.
Please note there will only be 5 places in this course so spots are very limited!
We value all of our clients and are very excited to see the benefits and increased confidence in everyday life you will receive through attending our classes. Please register your interest in the course and book your initial assessment with our reception on (08) 8221 5011
If you would like to book your class, any further information, or to talk with one of our physiotherapists about these classes, please call us on (08) 8221 5011, or email us at email@example.com