Restorative Yoga at Therapia
Yoga at Therapia Physiotherapy and Pilates
We bring you the ancient classical form of ‘Yoga’ that is perfect for all ages and fitness levels. Learn this unique science of flexibility, breath control and meditation to relax and rejuvenate your body, mind and soul.
Hatha Yoga is about understanding the workings of the body, creating a certain ambiance, and then using the body postures and breath to drive human energy in a specific direction.
Hatha Yoga classes are suitable for everyone including beginner to intermediate Yoga practitioner.
The word “vinyasa” can be translated as “arranging something in a special way.
This style is called Vinyasa flow yoga, because of the smooth way that the poses run together and become like a dance.
These classes are challenging and help to strengthen the body and immunity system.
The fast pace of modern life and its challenges presented to us can manifest in many ways in the mind / body. Metaphorically, the speed of daily life gets trapped in our nervous system. Restorative yoga postures are effective in relieving tension and increasing circulation.
Learning the true yogic relaxation techniques is a key to unlock the door toward more physical and mental freedom.
What is Restorative Yoga?
Restorative yoga postures are effective in relieving tension and increasing circulation. In restorative yoga the body moves into comfortable and supported postures, with gentle attention directed toward the breath. The body is gently stretched with the support of props including the bolster or folded blankets. Classes incorporate yogic restorative postures, meditation and pranayama (breath control exercises). Restorative yoga is beneficial for everyone who leads a busy life and wants to learn yogic relaxation techniques and to restore.
The antidote to stress is relaxation. In restorative yoga, we try and completely surrender to relaxation and aim for ‘pratyahara’. Pratyahara is the Sanskrit word for ‘withdrawal of the senses’, which is one of the 8 limbs of yoga.
About the Restorative Yoga Adelaide Classes at Therapia
- Classes incorporate yogic restorative postures, meditation and pranayama (breath control exercises).
- No experience is necessary to participate in the classes.
- Students are nurtured and guided gracefully with individual attention throughout the class.
- Classes are designed specifically for people with pain and ailments, to promote relaxation to assist with healing through relaxation.
- Classes are beneficial for everyone who leads a busy life and wants to learn yogic relaxation techniques and to restore.
- Classes are suitable for pre and post natal.
Benefits of yoga
The practice of yoga enables a deeper understanding of the functions of the body and through a continuous practice of this profound science, you can change your thinking process thereby taking charge of your feeling and experience of life.
Regular practice of Yoga not only improves health and well-being but also significantly enhances the experience of life in general.
Practical information and bookings:
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing.
- Avoid eating 2 hours prior to class.
- Bring own drinking water.
- All props are provided.
- Please arrive 5 – 10 minutes early to settle in.
- Booking is essential as there are 8-10 spots per class.
First class $25 + unlimited access to other classes for one week. (Includes Mat pilates class, Hatha Yoga, Yinyasa Flow, Restorative Yoga, Mums-n-bubs, Pregnancy Pilates class)
25 for casual class
Hatha Yoga, Vinyasa Flow: $180 for 10 class pack
Restorative Yoga: $210 for 10 class pack
For booking please call 08 8221 5011